This workshop aims to provide practical advice and best practice to business on how to simultaneously prepare for the future and solve current business HR challenges. 39% of employers in the UK having hard to fill vacancies with skills shortages being the biggest cause. There is a major opportunity for business to tap into difficult to reach talent pools while creating a more diverse and inclusive workforce.
How to attract diverse young talent into your business and fill the skills gap.
- 39% of employers in the UK have hard-to-fill vacancies, with skills shortages the biggest cause
- Businesses struggle to recruit young people
- Only 31% of employers in the UK have hired an education leaver in the last three years
With youth unemployment currently at 11.9% - more than double the overall UK unemployment rate - there is talent that businesses can be tapping into to address their skills gaps and create more diverse, inclusive workforces.
The purpose of the workshop is for delegates to:
- Access practical advice from BITC and leading employers
- Participate in an interactive activity on how to attract diverse young talent into your workforce
- Network with other employers to share best practice
- Find out how to create a transparent recruitment process
Who should attend?
- HR practitioners
- Early Careers/Talent Managers
* This workshop is for Business in the Community members only and requires 1 credit.
If you have not yet renewed your membership onto Business in the Community's new membership proposition this is included in your current membership fee.