Helping people overcome disadvantage by increasing access to good, sustainable employment.
Creating meaningful employment is one of the most significant ways that business contributes to the livelihoods of individuals and communities, and is for many the only sustainable route out of poverty.
Offering quality experience of work, adopting new approaches to recruitment and breaking down barriers to entering work for people from disadvantaged groups can benefit business by tackling skills shortages, building new talent pipelines, boosting retention rates and achieving higher productivity.
Impact stories: Responsible Business Awards 2018
Learn more about the impact these Responsible Business Award recognised organisations are having on their community for the benefit of both society and business.
The Unipart Outstanding Employment Award
For businesses who are removing barriers to work and helping people to thrive in good jobs
- Winner: Barclays - Employment opportunities bridging the gap
- Small business winner: Recycling Lives - taking people from homeless to employed
- Highly Commended: Agent - Traditional education is leaving behind youngsters keen on digital careers
- City & Guilds Group - supporting those furthest from the job market
- Clarion Housing Group - focused on solving employment issues for its residents
- Keoghs - local jobs for local people
- KPMG - focused on building a diverse business
- Landsec - community employment drive
- Jane Jefferson Cleaning Ltd - bringing domestic cleaning in the 21st century
We work with businesses to support young people and excluded groups into employment using our Employment Framework as a basis of action.
Inspire. Preparing people for the world of work through experiences
Hire. Reviewing recruitment practice and removing barriers to work
Grow. Supporting employees to sustain employment by developing